Data breaches are certainly a complex issue, equipping yourself with basic knowledge of them can help you to navigate the news, to handle the aftermath, and to secure your data as best as you can. The increasing frequency and magnitude of data breaches is a clear sign that organizations need to prioritize the security of personal data.
Latest developments like embracing cloud, deploying BYOD etc. enhances the risk of cyber threat. Employee ignorance is also one of the major concerns. Hackers are well aware of these vulnerabilities and are organizing themselves to exploit. There is no need to panic, especially if you are a small business, but it is imperative to take a decision. Make yourself difficult to target and keep your business secure with these top 5 tips.
Here Are The Top 5 Tips To Prevent The Cyber Threat.
1. Encrypt Your Data: Data encryption is a great preventive control mechanism. If you encrypt a database or a file, you can’t decrypt it unless you have or guess the right keys, and guessing the right keys can take a long time. Managing encryption keys requires the same effort as managing other preventive controls in the digital world, like access control lists, for example. Someone needs to regularly review who has access to what data, and revoke access for those who no longer require it.
2. Choose A Security That Fits Your Business: Cracking even the most secure companies with elaborate schemes is now far greater than ever. So adopt a managed security service provider that can deliver a flexible solution cost effectively and provide a seamless upgrade path.
3. Educate Employees: Educate employees about appropriate handling and protection of sensitive data. Keep employees informed about threats through brief e-mails or at periodic meetings led by IT expert.
4. Deploy Security Management Strategy: Nowadays cyber-attacks are highly organized so organizations need to establish a strategic approach so that your entire environment works as an integrated defense, detecting, preventing and responding to attacks seamlessly and instantly.
5. Install Anti-Virus Software: Anti-virus software can secure your systems from attacks. Anti-virus protection scans your computer and your incoming email for viruses, and then deletes them. You must keep your anti-virus software updated to cope with the latest “bugs” circulating the Internet. Most anti-virus software includes a feature to download updates automatically when you are online. In addition, make sure that the software is continually running and checking your system for viruses, especially if you are downloading files from the Web or checking your email.
Go to Coleman University to be expert in cyber security by Cyber Security Course where students include active and retired military personnel, professionals seeking new career directions, and international students who are acquiring new knowledge and skills to take back to their home countries.
from My Health Blog http://ift.tt/2gdWphB